THE PSAA ATHLETIC MISSION
- To develop and foster athletic standards of excellence for boys and girls among member schools in and around New York City.
- To promote and cultivate the ideas of sportsmanship, good citizenship and moral integrity by means of athletic participation and competition.
- To improve athletic opportunities by promoting uniform standards in the arrangement of interscholastic programs among member schools.
- To foster good, sound athletic programs for boys and girls in correspondence with educational programs of our schools.
- To represent the member schools of the association with other athletic educational agencies in the determination of policies and programs affecting interscholastic athletics in secondary schools.
- To conduct tournaments and playoffs and provide a forum for discussion among members.