2018 PSAA Golf Championship
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
1st: Columbia Prep (304)
2nd: Portledge School (310)
3rd: Staten Island Academy (342)
4th: Avenues School (361)
5th: Long Island Lutheran (397)
|Andrew Herzig||Portledge School||66||Boys Champion|
|Michael Ostrower||Columbia Prep||72||Boys 2nd Place|
|Gordon Horowitz||Columbia Prep||75||Boys 3rd Place - Tiebreaker|
|Liam Pharr||Portledge School||75|
|Jacob Cridland||Avenues School||76|
|Austin Leibowitz||Portledge School||77|
|George Anderson||Staten Island Academy||80|
|Vincent Barone||Columbia Prep||80|
|Julian Goldan||Columbia Prep||80|
|Zachary Zawisny||Staten Island Academy||80|
|Trace Mateo||Avenues School||82|
|Jerry Hu||Long Island Lutheran||87|
|Alec Lorza||Staten Island Academy||89|
|Payne Plum||Portledge School||89|
|Kaleigh McDonald||Staten Island Academy||93||Girls Champion|
|Fernando Azpurua||Avenues School||96|
|Isaac Stumme||Waldorf School of Garden City||99|
|Brandan Tapia||Long Island Lutheran||100|
|James McCann||Long Island Lutheran||102|
|Sean Sullivan||Waldorf School of Garden City||102|
|Peter Johnston||Bay Ridge Prep||104|
|Caroline Connor||Avenues School||107||Girls 2nd Place|
|Mia Mondello||Long Island Lutheran||108||Girls 3rd Place|
|TEE TIME||ATHLETE (SCHOOL)|
|12:00PM||Andrew Herzig (POR), Julian Golden (CP), Zachary Zawisny (SIA)|
|12:10PM||Liam Pharr (POR), Michael Ostrower (CP), Isaac Stumme (WAL)|
|12:20PM||Gordon Horowitz (CP), Sean Sullivan (WAL), Peter Johnston (BRP)|
|12:30PM||Payne Plum (POR), Austin Leibowitz (CP), Jerry Hu (LIL)|
|12:40PM||Vincent Barone (SIA), Owen Yang (KF), Trace Mateo (AVE)|
|12:50PM||Moses Millman (BRP), George Anderson (POR), Alec Lorza (SIA)|
|1:00PM||Caroline Connor (AVE), Brianna Tapia (LIL), Kaleigh McDonald (SIA)|
|1:10PM||Mia Mondello (LIL), Grace Cutler (LIL), Tianho Dai (KF)|
|1:20PM||Anthony D’Amato (KF), Jacob Cridland (AVE), Fernando Azpurua (AVE)|
PSAA Golf Championship Notes and Rules:
- PSAA Championship is an 18 hole stroke play event
- Boys will be playing the blue tees, girls may play the red tees
- The scores of each school's 4 golfers are counted towards the team score. In the event of a tie, winners will be determined by a match of cards.
(last 9 holes, last 6 holes, last 3, and final hole as needed.)
- There is an individual low gross champion. Individual ties will also be determined by card matching.
- Once any player reaches “double par” on a hole they are required to pick up their ball and take a score of double par on that hole.
- While playing the 1st hole, the fairway of the 10th hole is considered out of bounds from tee to green.
- The bunker on the right side of the 2nd hole and the bunker on the left side of the 6th hole are “waste bunkers.” They do not need to be raked and you may ground your club in them.
- Out of bounds is marked by white stakes.
- Yardages are marked by colored caps in fairways (blue =200, white = 150, red =100)
- Yardages on tees are posted on signs. Colored rectangular plates match the corresponding colored yardages on the signs.
- Replace all divots, rake bunker, and fix ball marks
- Do not put golf bags on tee boxes or greens
- Play well, play fast, have fun.